At Eden Mill we are continuously monitoring the situation concerning COVID-19, ensuring our teams follow the very latest Government advice. As always, the health and wellbeing of our customers and staff remain our highest priority and for this reason, only a small number of team members remain in our workplaces and we have asked our staff to work from home wherever possible. We have also had to shut down various parts of our retail and sales arm for the time being.
As we are dedicated to our customers and staff, we wanted to share all that we have been up to #ShareTheLove this week, as well as a few exciting things to look out for in the coming weeks!
Supporting Our Wonderful Communities
- We offered a 25% discount and free delivery to all NHS workers – once again we thank you for everything you are doing – you are amazing. Ends 24th April 2020.
- Nominate your local hero- every 2 weeks, we are asking our lovely social media followers to nominate a person who is doing something good within their community and who deserves a surprise Eden Mill gin delivery. The response has already been incredible and we have thoroughly enjoyed leaving Eden Mill goodies on the doorsteps of 10 such deserving people so far. We will continue to run our ‘nominate your local hero’ scheme pledging to surprise 10 deserving winners every 2 weeks throughout this crisis for as long as it takes for us as a Nation to beat this!
- #Sharethelove – Before the tighter lockdown rules came into play we were donating a miniature of gin with every online or direct purchase that we thought would be a perfect gift to share with a neighbour or a loved one during a time that can be quite scary and lonely for some. Once the lockdown rules tightened we had to keep in line with the advice of the government and therefore had to rethink our #sharethelove offering as visiting others became off-limits. With that in mind we are now offering a free bottle of one of our delicious mixology cocktails that you can either enjoy yourself or give to someone else to bring a little joy to their day – as long as you follow the government’s advice and do this safely!
Fun Customer Experience at home
- We are hosting our first ever Virtual Gin Tasting (which sold out in under 48 hours!). This will run over 2 sessions on Saturday 4th April & Saturday 11th April at 5pm (Gin O’clock). Our gin tastings are always full of fun and laughter, something that is much needed during this time. Each customer taking part will purchase a gift set that contains 12 x 5cl miniatures and two glasses that will be delivered before the event and during the sessions the hosts will take you through a step by step guide on how to taste and serve your gins. Not only that, but there will also be chances to win prizes too! It is sure to be a fun filled event! We will be releasing a second batch of these tasting sets very soon!
Eden Mill Product Availability
- Drive Through Drink Shop – Our retail team have created a pop up drive through shop at our temporary site in Guardbridge where customers can order gin from the comfort of their cars and have this bagged and delivered to you, minimising all contact and still enabling customers to have the service we would offer at any of our retail outlets. Not only that you can ‘Click & Collect’ your order here – shopping has never been easier thanks to the staff here. Very soon, we will also be offering hand sanitiser which can be bought (1 per customer) from this site and online.
- We are still taking online orders in-house and the courier service we use has been sending the same staff member for collection. Each package is only handled and loaded into the van by one person who is wearing gloves and all of our staff are practising social distancing at home and work. We are in a unique position that the packaging side of our delivery service is managed in house. Therefore, as we have full control over our orders from the bottling of our products to the packaging, we can be certain we are following every procedure in the strictest means to deliver our products in the safest possible way.
- We have been working hard to produce hand sanitiser in response to the COVID-19 outbreak and will be releasing an initial batch of 2000 in the coming 2 weeks.
- 1000 will be donated to a number of frontline charities and the remaining 1000 will be available for members of the public to buy at £5 per bottle (this covers the cost of 2 bottles, with 1 having been donated to charities and services).
- So you can pick up a bottle and still be doing something charitable at the same time!
Supporting Our Staff
- We are committed to trying to deploy as many of our valued 63 members of staff in as best ways as we can to be adding value during the coming months.
- We have asked all staff that can work from home do so.
We are following the advice from the government and have put the following procedures in place;
- Disposable gloves are changed every hour for admin staff and every 30-40 minutes for packaging staff.
- Hands are washed and sanitised every 30 minutes.
- We have reduced workplace numbers to 7 members of staff. Each staff member self-isolates when at home and practices responsible social distancing when needing to go to the shops. This reduces the number of people we are in contact with to an absolute minimum of our household and work.
- All work surfaces are thoroughly cleaned every morning and evening, before and after work (this includes handles, laptops, toilets, & phones). Most surfaces are no longer shared.
- Arrangements are now in place to ensure staff are all standing and sitting apart. We’ve relocated workstations. The packaging team have significantly widened their working area in order to separate by the required 2 metres.
As previously mentioned, we implemented safety measures including strictly only the same 7 staff packaging all online orders to maintain the highest safety standards for our staff and customers. This team have become closer than ever over these last few weeks. On Thursday 2nd April at the end of their working day, they joined the rest of the UK in applauding our wonderful NHS workers.
From each and everyone of us at Eden Mill we thank you all for your continued support and hope you and your loved ones all stay safe and happy in the coming weeks and months!